- Altenergy.org - The term "biomass" refers to organic matter that has stored energy through the process of photosynthesis. It exists in one form as plants and may be transferred through the food chain to animals' bodies and their wastes, all of which can be converted for everyday human use through processes such as combustion, which releases the carbon dioxide stored in the plant material.
- Biomass Boilers - Eco Link Resources are a leading supplier and installer of Biomass energy technology working across the UK, meeting the demands of public sector, commercial and domestic clients. The site has case studies of where the technology has been used and also a carbon counter showing how much C02 has been saved through biomass technology to date.
- Biomass Energy Centre - A 'one stop shop' to provide information to anyone in the UK with an interest in biomass derived solid, liquid and gaseous fuels and associated conversion technologies.
- Biomass Energy Crop & Biomass Power Working Group - Information about biomass energy crop research projects in Florida, including studies on crop production, harvesting and grinding, and co-firing with coal.
- Biomass Energy Foundation - The BEF was founded in 1984 by my good friend and mentor, Dr. Harry LaFontaine. Harry built gasifiers during World War II as a cover for his nighttime activities in the Danish Underground. When the "energy crisis" struck in 1974, Harry gave lectures and demonstrations on gasification in many universities around the East. He converted a Lincoln Continental stretch limo to WoodGas and demonstrated it and lectured on gasification in many Eastern colleges.
- Biomass Energy Resource Center - The Biomass Energy Resource Center (BERC) is an independent, national nonprofit organization located in Montpelier, Vermont with a Midwest office in Madison, Wisconsin, that assists communities, colleges and universities, state and local governments, businesses, utilities, schools, and others in making the most of their local biomass energy resources.
- California Biomass Energy Alliance - Welcome to the Web Site of the California Biomass Energy Alliance (CBEA), an association representing 36 biomass-fueled power plants in California. CBEA members are the plant owners and operators whose fuels come from the forestry, agricultural, and urban wood waste sectors. Collectively, the 25 member companies represent approximately 700MW of generating capacity.
- Energy Kids - Biomass basics for kids.
- Energy Story - Biomass energy explained.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is the nation's leading laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research. NREL develops renewable energy technologies to heat and cool buildings; increase efficiency in industry, light homes and offices; power cars and trucks; produce plastics, clothing, and chemicals; clean our water; and destroy toxic waste.
- Natural Resources Defense Council - Biomass - NRDC is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.3 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
- Oregon Department of Energy - An overview of biomass energy. The mission of the Oregon Department of Energy is to ensure Oregon has an adequate supply of reliable and affordable energy and is safe from nuclear contamination, by helping Oregonians save energy, develop clean energy resources, promote renewable energy, and clean up nuclear waste.
- Union of Concerned Scientists - An explanation of how biomass energy works. To many people, the most familiar forms of renewable energy are the wind and the sun. But biomass (plant material and animal waste) is the oldest source of renewable energy, used since our ancestors learned the secret of fire.
- U.S. Department of Energy Biomass Program - Biomass is a clean, renewable energy source that can help to significantly diversify transportation fuels in the United States. The Biomass Program is helping transform the nation's renewable and abundant biomass resources into cost-competitive, high-performance biofuels, bioproducts, and biopower.
- U.S. Department of Energy Biomass Energy Data Book - Overview of Historic/Current Biomass Consumption by Source and Sector. Overview of Biomass Resources.
- Welcome To AAEC's Homepage - Offering advanced automatic biomass fueled heating systems with pollution abatement and compatible with solar for homes, farms and businesses
Biomass Energy Institute
1329 Niakwa Road East
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 2N2
Biomass Energy Research Assoc.
1825 K St., NW, Suite 503
Washington, DC 20006